Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Beginning of a New Chapter ...


My Final Wedding.


Excuse me bloggers, while I am quite sure that I will become misty-eyed while writing this blog. This is, indeed, my last blog to write for the Wellington Banquet and Conference Center. *Tear*. I am so sad to be leaving this place, but so happy to have gained the knowledge and experience that I have. As some of you read in my earlier blogs, I came to the Wellington to complete my work-study hours here to go toward my degree in Restaurant Hospitality Management with my concentration being in Meetings and Events Management. My time is now up and I will be returning to Tuscaloosa, Alabama. You guys don't have to lie to yourselves; I know y'all will miss me. But, enough about me, let's get on with this past weekend's reception, shall we?





My last wedding reception here at the Wellington was for Taryn and Grant Rogers. These two were a precious couple and had such a wonderful reception. Their ceremony took place at Our Lady Queen of Peace and their reception immediately followed around 4 in the afternoon. For the first hour, guests enjoyed a cocktail hour in our foyer and boardrooms. Kim Southard with The Swanky Thang was the planner for this event. She did a FABULOUS job on the decorations! It was absolutely breath-taking with the lime-filled vases topped off with roses painted of pinks, red and purples. My favorite sight, though, was probably the bridal portrait display table covered with pictures that showed off Taryn's beautiful dress and cute and quirky personality. The guests anxiously awaited to see what was in store through the ribbon-tied doors leading into the grand ballroom. 5 o'clock arrived and the doors were opened! The Band, A Formal Affair, began to play some soft dinner music while the guests enjoyed passed hors d'oeuvres. After the wedding party arrived and were announced, Taryn and Grant shared their first dance as husband and wife to Gavin Degraw's "Belief". I don't know if it was the beauty of the moment, or if I was getting sentimental with it being my last wedding, or the lethal combination of the two, but I began to weep like a baby. In fact, all of the staff was tearing up! It was such an amazing moment! The food was catered by some of my favorite ladies from Bistro Express. Their food is always to die for and they are such a joy to work with. Meegan Weaver was the photographer for the evening. She always does such a great job! (We will post her pictures here as soon as they arrive! :) )





You would think that a wedding reception beginning so early would wind down early as well. But, no, Taryn and Grant's reception was so much fun that no one wanted to leave! It was amazing! I have to admit, I was a little jealous that I was working and not a part of the wedding. I definitely would have loved to bust out to some Journey with Taryn and her friends! Taryn and Grant had their send off with their close friends and family tossing birdseed as they ran through the entrance of the Wellington. It was a wonderful send off!
When the night dwindled down and it was time to clean up, I became very sad. I wanted them to stay longer so that my last wedding here would never end. However, what a wedding to end with! The reception was amazing and definitely one for the Wellington books. Congratulations Taryn and Grant! We all wish you guys all the best! Thank you for being my last wedding and for being so fabulous!

On this note, it is time for me to say farewell. I shall always miss writing this blog and filing everyone in on the details of the weekend's previous events. I hope you all will miss me, too! Thank you to everyone who read my blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment