Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Moment

So this is not one my usual blog posts, but I felt compelled.  I mean really compelled- like stopping in the middle of a wedding that is set to tee off in t-minus one hour to sit down at my computer and write about it.  I was sitting back in my office going over the music for tonight when some movement on one of the security cameras caught my attention, it was the camera of the front of the building and it was the bride and groom.  Just the two of them, no one else, and it was one of the sweetest things I have every seen.  With most weddings there is just so much that is going on.  You have looked forward to this day for so long, thinking it will never come, and then WHAM the week of, you start getting ready, finalizing, the day before people come in town, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, go to bed semi-early so you're rested for the big day.  The day of, you are primping, taking pictures, the florists does their thing, the wedding planner does hers, the venue gets one last spot shine, the photographer is directing who, where, when, etc, etc.  You get my drift.  There is A LOT going on.

So back to my story before that tangent.  They were out under the portico just talking and having a moment.  A moment to breathe and soak it all in just for a second.  She was showing him something on her shoes, and it looked like he was absolutely engrossed with what she was saying.  They were interrupted for more pictures, but that one little moment is what the WHOLE thing is about.  It is so easy to overlook, and yet the most genuine.  So the future Mr. and Mrs. Adams, thank you for that little moment- it totally made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment